December 06, 2013

Meditation with Your Tarot Cards

Hello
Today I come here to talk about meditating with tarot cards.
It's not only a method to relax and, well, meditate but also to know your cards.

My Tarot Cards - Major Arcana


Most people seem to just read and read about the meanings of the cards and get frustrated when they don't memorize them.
I found the perfect solution: meditation!

How to meditate with your cards:
Personally I think meditation is one of those things that work the best when you do it the way you want.
But here is the way I do it:


  1. Light a candle or incense of your choice and relax with the card or cards you want to use during this session
  2. Take some deep breaths and feel the cards' energy before looking at them (I find it easier to gaze a few seconds and then closing my eyes)
  3. While still looking at them or with your eyes closed let the image talk to you; imagine you get inside the card, check what's around you, smell the air and feel the enviornment as if you were really standing there
  4. Let the person in the card ( for example if you're doing this with The Fool) talk to you; ask questions and hear the answers, get advice and hear life stories from the card
  5. When you finish talking and exploring the card, see yourself get out of it and enjoy the state of mind
With cards or not it's meditation and it's good for you and your tarot experiences. It helps you understand the card and you might get your own meanings instead of reading, reading aaaaand reading a little more while trying to get all of the books' information stuck in your mind.

My personal experience:
Finding this technique was life saving.
I was getting trouble with tarot. I was frustrated because I love it and I couldn't manage to read them without a book by my side.
And then one day I found an article about Tarot Meditation, "Thank you, Gods!"
I've been doing it and it's wonderful. I have so much fun doing it and it has been very useful for the read itself because I don't need a book anymore, the cards speak to me and tell me what I need to know!

It's a way to bond with your Tarot Deck and a way to relax while getting some advice in the middle.
I recommend to everyone who likes tarot, noob or experienced, who does it as a hobby or a serious job.

Blessed be
^^

No comments :

Post a Comment

Partilha )0(